The Maui Historical Society:
• Works for the preservation and promotion of Maui’s history
• Collects materials and information related to the history of Maui
• Conducts school tours and teacher programs
• Conducts classes, lectures and other public programs to promote an appreciation of Maui’s history and culture
• Shares its collection through special exhibits at the museum and other public places
• Publishes a biannual newsletter, which promotes the Society’s mission, events, Maui’s history and the Bailey House Museum collection.
The Maui Historical Society is recruiting Docents (guides) and attendants for the Museum Store for Hale Hoikeike.
Hale Hoikeike is a history museum with a focus on Hawaiian culture and local Maui history. We are Maui's oldest and largest Museum and we depend on the dedication of volunteers for the daily operation of the Museum.
Volunteer opportunities exist Monday through Saturday from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.