The Geriatrics, Rehabilitation & Extended Care Center has a 60-bed nursing facility and provides convalescence, rehabilitation, geriatric and geri-psychiatric assessment to eligible veterans in an inpatient setting. The Center for Aging program is designed for veterans who are not acutely ill and who could benefit from an interdisciplinary geriatric treatment program. The goal of the program is to improve veterans' physical and/or psychological functioning so that they may return to independent living, be discharged to their own home, or to some alternative care program. Veterans must be enrolled in the VA Health Care System and meet the nursing home eligibility criteria.
- The veteran will be eligible for VA nursing home level of care;
- The veteran requires therapy to restore functional abilities, is able to participate in the therapy, and is medically stable;
- The veteran can benefit from interdisciplinary care and assessment in an inpatient facility;
- For more information on admission criteria, call (808) 433-0256
VA Courtesy Shuttle Transportation:
- We also offer a VA Courtesy Shuttle to pick Veterans up at various points between the Honolulu Airport and the Spark M. Matsunaga VA Medical Center. Also free parking on premises.